CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homecoming Week Fun






Here are some pictures from Homecoming Week. Sorry I am a little late posting them! I thought our door was soooo cute, and I loved the saying on it! Thanks so much to Melanie Nelson, our sweet room mother, who took time to come decorate the door for us.

I hope everyone has enjoyed not having to study for spelling this week. I have seen some GREAT cursive handwriting this week from homework and morning work. We are working to move to all cursive, so keep up the hard work! If I made notes on your child's paper, or corrected letters, please continue to practice those letters at home. Practice makes perfect! :)

This week has been a review week in reading, so I have focused on week areas and retaught those skills. Hopefully grades will continue to go up. One thing I have noticed is that many of my students are in a HUGE hurry to finish any, and everything they do. I really believe that is why some have low grades, so we have also practiced checking our own work this week and looking back to find correct answers if we don't remember. I have stressed this week the importance of ALWAYS doing your best, so please talk to your children about that too. That is all I will ask of them this entire year - Do your Best!

Thanks for all you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment